SolidWorks Mechanical Design Engineer
||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Solid People are working with our client who produces a range of award-winning, high quality and authentic flatbreads and morning goods.
Due to continual growth plans they are now looking for an experienced SolidWorks Mechanical Design Engineer who can join the team and help develop and design both new and existing machinery which are used in the production of thier food products.
- Lead role in mechanical design at our client's company
- Development of designs from concept through to production, detail and manufacturing design stages.
- Research, development and selection of best approaches and solutions.
- Generation of 3D models and assemblies in SolidWorks.
- Checking of drawings to ensure the highest quality standards.
- The generation and control of Bills of Material.
- Create cost effective design proposals and generate drawings suitable for manufacture.
- Possess strong core design skills with special purpose machinery (food processing machinery would be highly advantageous)
- Good knowledge of tolerances and materials, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors and machinery design
- Enthusiasm for the job with a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Team player and self-motivated
- Creative and analytical skills to propose and assess best mechanical solutions.
- Ability to work cross disciplines liaising with other departments.
- Consistent, accurate approach to work with good attention to detail.
- Creative thinking to provide optimum solutions for design challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Proficient in 3D SOLIDWORKS
- Manufacturing practices and processes knowledge