We are happy to be working with our client who is an established Dutch engineering company, involved in the structural and mechanical design of bespoke installation tools for a wide variety of major on- and offshore construction projects.
If you're an ambitious and creative problem solver, they would love you to join their team. As a Technical Sales Engineer working for our client, you combine the innovative design and problem-solving skills of an engineer with the communicative abilities and commercial instincts of a sales representative.
You detect opportunities for our client's design services, you are responsible to establish the first contacts with prospects and collect requirements and boundary conditions for various construction and installation challenges. You efficiently develop fit-for-purpose installation methods and creative structural and mechanical design solutions. You translate a contractor's requests in a clear design proposal and you communicate your ideas and concept solutions via sketches, both to the company's internal project teams as to their customers.
Based in the London office, you have a direct and major impact on achieving the organisation's growth ambitions in the UK's construction market.
- Degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience as a Design Engineer
- Experience with technical sales is a plus, a strong commercial interest is necessary
- Creative problem solver
- Clear and structured communicator and a good listener
- Enthusiastic entrepreneur, willing to work in the start-up environment of a new branch