SolidWorks Mechanical Design Engineer
||£40000 - £50000.00 per annum
Job Title: SolidWorks Design Engineer
Solid People have multiple opportunities for experienced machinery SolidWorks Design Engineers to join our award-winning food manufacturing client.
Due to continuous growth they are looking for senior Mechanical Design Engineers who can join the team to help design and develop both new and existing machinery used in the production of their food products.
- Development of designs from concept through to production.
- Research, development and selection of best practice / solutions.
- Generation of 3D models and assemblies in SolidWorks.
- Checking of drawings to ensure the highest quality standards.
- The generation and control of Bills of Material.
- Create cost effective design proposals and generate drawings suitable for manufacture.
- Possess strong core design skills with special purpose machinery (food processing machinery would be highly advantageous)
- Good knowledge of tolerances and materials, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors and machinery design
- Creative and analytical skills to propose and assess best mechanical solutions.
- Consistent, accurate approach to work with good attention to detail.
- Creative thinking to provide optimum solutions for design challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Proficient in 3D SOLIDWORKS
- Manufacturing practices and processes knowledge