SolidWorks - Design Engineer
We are working with a client who is a successful sheet metal fabricator based in Greater Manchester. They operate the very best modern sheet metal machinery. Due to recent growth, and further projected growth, they now require an experienced SolidWorks Design Engineer to join their busy and diverse team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, drawing and development of new products, as well as maintenance of existing products. You will be expected to assist senior management in issues such as product development and production problems. You will be required to prepare the BOMS and understand the cost implications on design. You will also be creating reports for potential pitfalls within the production process.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficient user of SolidWorks. A CSWP or higher would be a significant advantage
- Experience with the sheet metal module is desirable.
- Experience of involvement in the complete design to manufacture process is required.
- Good communication skills, particularly with the shop floor, are essential.
- Experience in creating Bill of Materials list.