Solid People are delighted to be working with our client who, based in Hertfordshire, specialise in the manufacturer of mobility access and evacuation products. An established business, who have enjoyed a sustained period of success. As a result of this success and long-term growth plans, our client now requires a SolidWorks Designer to join their design team.
The primary task will be to support new product creation processes throughout the entire R&D, concept, feasibility, design realisation and prototyping stages, using SolidWorks. You will be supporting, managing and maintaining the drawing, specification and technical aspects of all components and products.
- Degree in a design based discipline, ideally mechanical.
- Experience with Weldments, flat and tube laser cut components
- Competent in using SolidWorks (minimum 2 years industry experience)
- Experience in creating and managing BOM's
- Have good experience working on design to manufacture process
- Creative and analytical