Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
||£42000 - £45000 per annum
SolidWorks Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Solid People are delighted to be working with our client, a dynamic and forward-thinking technology company specialising in the fields of automated electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical production & test systems, in Automotive, Rail and Food & Beverage, amongst others. They are looking for a SolidWorks Senior Mechanical Engineer with significant experience in the design and development of turnkey automated systems to join their Worcestershire team.
You will be extracting & interpreting customer requirements and preparing system-level design specifications, using SolidWorks. You will be assisting the sales and pricing processes, as well as contributing to external & internal design reviews. You will be expected to adhere to configuration control within ISO9001:2015 procedures & SolidWorks Vault.
You should have: -
- At least 5 to 10 years significant experience in the mechanical design of automated systems
- Extensive experience with delivering systems into manufacturing environments
- Expert knowledge of component parts including pneumatics, motors, drives, encoders etc from major suppliers
- Competent in the use of SolidWorks
- Ability to interpret customer specifications & evaluate customer products & designs
- Degree in mechanical engineering or similar relevant discipline