Resident CATIA V5 Design Engineer
Solid People are delighted to be working with our prestigious client, a leading manufacturer and supplier of products for the electrical cabling and data network infrastructure. They require a Resident CATIA V5 Design Engineer to work onsite at a tier one automotive supplier, based in Warwickshire.
Based in Warwickshire, you will be required to integrate with our clients customer, working within their systems. You will be able to work from various sites across the Midlands, and occasional trips to the North West office will also be required. Based within the New Product Development team, you will be responsible for ensuring all specifications to our client are managed effectively. Working on CATIA V5, you will need to design concept models, analyse and review the designs and then validate prototype and production samples. You will be predominantly working with injection moulded parts.
To succeed in this role, you must have an established network of contacts within the electrical harnessing industry, and ideally within the customer that you will be working with. You will then use this network to integrate seamlessly, as well as using it to identify potential opportunities.
- Educated to a degree level, with an Engineering degree, or equivalent
- 5+ years experience with CATIA v5
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in product design for automotive products
- Competent in principles of design for manufacture of plastic injection moulded products
- Ability to travel to various sites, as required
- Able to integrate into an existing team
- Company Car scheme
- Good pension scheme
- Laptop/Mobile etc.
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum