We are happy to be working with our client who is a specialist supplier of display and merchandising to global brands. Originally founded in the '90's, the company reinvented itself in 2009 embarking on a program of expansion that has resulted in rapid growth with offices in London, Chicago and Suzhou and with customers all over the world. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Design and Development Engineer to join the team looking after the European client base.
- To interpret requirements and briefs set by the Development and Account managers
- Execution of the development process from first idea, brief or enquiry through to issue of production drawings on projects from our key client.
- Achievement of time and budget deliverables at each stage of the development process to support the achievement of your commercial and supply colleagues' objectives.
- To effectively and accurately communicate project and specification details and diligently maintain project planning.
- Degree qualified in a 3D design related discipline with a focus on technical design, and design for manufacture
- Will be working in a small, productive team where they will be required to balance several projects at a time, share ideas effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Solidworks - highly competent
- Design for sheet metal and steel fabrications
- Produce technical drawings for production release
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and finishes
- Drawing management
- Component specification
- Ideally several years of experience, preferably within the POS/POP/Retail sector
- Adobe CS
- Photorealistic rendering (Photoview 360)
- FEA Analysis
- Experience of dealing with a global supply chain and production in the Far East
£25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum