We are working with a client who drives innovation across the group from their R&D centres in the UK and US. They have a reputation for excellence and operations in 37 countries. Our client requires a Mechanical Technician to join their Engineering Manufacturing team based in Oxfordshire.
Joining a multi skilled team of engineers, you will be responsible for the development of packaging products and processes and delivering a range of work activities as an individual and as part of the team.
- Completed an Engineering Apprenticeship to City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3
- Educated to HNC or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a mechanical engineering background, involving the manufacture, assembly and commissioning of prototype rigs to develop and improve existing and new packaging products and processes.
- You will have previous experience conducting trials in a production environment in order to transfer new products and processes into production.
- You will have knowledge of conducting product and process trials in a research environment.
- It is essential that you have experience of tool making with bench skills, assembly of mechanical equipment and machining using conventional lathes, mills and grinding machines.
- You will be an adaptable and flexible individual with the capability of working autonomously and as part of a team.
- You will be a strong communicator, self-motivated, with the ability to plan and organise your own work. You will be an excellent problem solver.
- Limited travel may be required for this role.