Mechanical MEP AutoCAD Technician
||£20000 - £30000 per annum
AutoCAD MEP Technician
Solid People are delighted to be working with our client, based in Derby, who specialise in providing services for the plumbing and heating industry, throughout the UK, for blue chip companies in the commercial and residential sectors. They are seeking a Mechanical MEP CAD technician to join their team.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Produce CAD drawings having received marked up drawings.
- Produce amendments and revisions to CAD drawings.
- Produce full, as built, drawings
- Issue and log full drawing registers
- Ensure internal commercial team is kept fully informed of all relevant CAD information.
- Modelling and co-ordination of MEP services i.e. ductwork, pipework, cable tray etc. using REVIT MEP and AutoCAD
- Create and amending families of Revit MEP objects/tags/annotations.
- Create legends & schedules.
- Create templates for each discipline/sub-discipline.
- Prepare and amend drawings in both Revit MEP & AutoCAD MEP CAD packages to meet the requirements of projects within time, specification, quality and objectives
- Maintain and update the Practices Revit CAD/MEP capability
- Undertakes site surveys
- Undertake to assist the M&E and Sustainability team where required through AutoCAD/MEP software packages
- Relevant Design qualifications, HNC in Building Services Engineering or similar would be beneficial
- Work experience with an M&E Consultancy or Contractor in a similar role
- Fully understands and can use AutoCAD and MEP proficiently.
- Experience with Revit is preferred, but candidates without will be considered.