Mechanical Design Engineer
||£40 - £45.00 per hour
Our client creates stunning film sets and are proud to be associated with many industry leading film production companies.
Our client has a requirement for a Contract SolidWorks Mechanical Designer. Ideally you will come from a practical background with structural/fabricated/hydraulic design experience and highly skilled using sheet metal. Set design experience desirable but applicants with other relevant experience will be considered.
- Understand and interpret the customer's requirements and conceptualize the most cost effective solution.
- Communicate design intent through SolidWorks
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop and deliver new projects.
- To deliver concise and practical manufacturing drawings from your SolidWorks parts and assemblies
- Good time management, project planning and organizational skills.
- Adapt to all the varying demands of the client's design.
- Strong team player and able to work under pressure.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally highly proficient with using SolidWorks, however, those with experience using Inventor, Solid Edge and Creo will be considered.
- Must be experienced in the design of fabricated structures.
- Experience designing specialist hydraulic machinery or systems from scratch
- Methodical and accurate CAD draughting through concept to build.
- Be able to quickly model manufacturable designs in 3D CAD