Mechanical Design Engineer - Contract
||£30 - £35 per hour
SolidWorks Design Engineer - Contract
We are delighted to be working with our client, based in South Yorkshire, who has over fifty years of industry-leading manufacturing experience, specialise in diverse markets from bulk storage and conveying solutions to premium quality competition components to the historic Motor sport industry.
They are looking to recruit a SolidWorks Design Engineer on a contract basis, with a high level of mechanical and SolidWorks experience.
You will be designing new and existing components, including plastic mouldings, steel profiles, castings, CNC machined components. The configuration of these into assemblies and then into systems for storage and automated conveying across all industries. You will work closely with the machinery department to submit files suitable to convert to CAM for 3, 4 or 5 axis machining. You must be able to work to ISO standards, create a structured library of all components, systems for the control of updates/revisions, approvals and issues.
- Experienced Design engineer with Mechanical background
- Must be proficient in using SolidWorks
- Experience in CNC machining ideal
- Demonstrable software programming skills
- Able to work to tight tolerances
- Able to work together with other departments to make necessary amendments