We are working with a large client, who takes pride in meeting and exceeding the customers' needs. Specialising in a wide range of packaging solutions, they have operations in 37 countries. They are looking for a machinist to join a multi skilled team of engineers, responsible for the development of packaging products and processes required for the engineering build and development of prototype equipment.
The Machinist will deliver a range of components both soft and hardened, which will be delivered to drawing meeting the required specification and tolerancing. Within the role, you will use a range of machine tools including CNC machining, conventional operations, grinding and hand finishing ensuring the correct specification. You will also work throughout the life cycle of a project supporting new innovative idea development, manufacture samples or concepts.
- A minimum of Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship to City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3.
- Educated to HNC equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in working in a prototype manufacturing and development environment
- A minimum of one years' experience inspecting components.
- You will have experience in CNC turning using fanuc controls (using Okuma Lathes) or CNC milling using Heidenhain control systems (iTNC 530 controller).
- You will be competent using PC Dmis inspection software
- It would be an advantage to have knowledge of Delcam programming, although this is not essential.