Head of Drafting
||Furniture & POS
||Up to £1 per annum
Our client creates stunning environments, bespoke furniture and state of the art displays for conference, exhibitions, retail spaces and Television. Our client has an immediate requirement for a highly experienced Draughtsperson with management experience to join their team as Head of Drafting.
This role will manage the CAD/CAM operation to ensure that our drawings are workshop fit. You will have technical and detailing expertise in the trade of staging, trade shows, retail fit outs, window decoration, events and venues.
- Act as the department lead on all aspects/operations of CAD drawing and CNC through to completion in order to meet job deadlines
- Mentor team members on best practice for day to day operations and staffing issues
- Researching Design and Drafting tools/applications and developing processes to ensure high efficiency in the drafting department
- Input and advice on value engineering, construction drawings for quality control, build advice to estimating department, as well as supplement the Project Design/CNC capability when needed.
- Quality control of finished jobs
- Develop team members through sharing best practice and demonstrating quality in jobs.
- Experience in a fast-paced workshop environment
- Experience in creating technical drawings for joinery, metal shop, electric and electronics, mechanics and modelling, understanding manufacturing methods
- Experience in creating solid models and presentation drawings
- Significant experience in creating and reading construction drawings
- Experience in working with CNC Programmers
- Experience of working as a senior manager within operational teams
- Ability to manage deadlines/jobs