EDM Field Service Engineer
||£25000 - £42000 per annum
Field Service Engineer - EDM
Solid People are delighted to be working with a leading distributor of EDM (Electrical Discharge Machine) products in the UK, with their head office based in Warwickshire. EDM is a machining method used to machine any conductive materials including hard metals. They require a Field Service Engineer to maintain and fix their machines.
You will be required to coordinate installations, technical service and on occasions to provide product training to clients and more junior technicians. Therefore, extensive travel to client premises required, as well as occasional travel to the head office. You will be devising control systems to monitor both electrical/electronic and mechanical faults and machine performance.
- Relevant Degree/City & Guilds/HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Expertise in electrical/electronic practises and experience in pneumatics and hydraulics
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to maintain integrity and ethics in all conversations and actions with customers
- Possess technical curiosity and ability to diagnose and solve production issues
- Detail-oriented and able to get work completed in a manufacturing environment
- Be a team player and have a flexible attitude towards working overtime when required
- Experience in operating and fault finding on EDM machinery