SolidWorks Design Engineer
We are working with a client who design and manufacture customised returnable transit packaging for the manufacturing sector predominantly the Automotive Industry. They are currently enjoying good growth, therefore require a SolidWorks design engineer to join their expanding design team.
Combining both your creative skills with engineering know-how and project management, you will be contributing to the development of the design team by:
- evaluating and applying design engineering options
- producing 2D drawings and 3D assemblies using SolidWorks
- resolving design issues
- conferring with design engineers and customers
- analysing user and potential user input
- determining product requirements by studying product concept, features, specifications, sketches, and existing models
- You will be proficient in using SolidWorks. Those with experience of using other CAD packages such as Inventor, Creo, SolidEdge and Catia will also be considered providing you can transfer to SolidWorks seamlessly.
- Experience in steel frames/structures. Those with stillage experience will be at a significant advantage.
- Good at analysing and proposing resolutions to problems
- You will be a good communicator.
- Being able to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour are essential.