||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
Solid People are happy to be working with our client who is an established engineering company, involved in the structural and mechanical design of bespoke installation tools for a wide variety of major on- and offshore construction projects.
With over 100 employees and 10 years of experience in the Netherlands, the organisation is now growing its branch in the UK and looking for an enthusiastic Design Engineer to contribute to their ambitious plans in the UK market.
The impact of your creativity and engineering skills on a contractor's installation project is significant, which challenges you and your team on a daily base. The fast-paced design projects require your involvement from concept to construction, which provides a quick and satisfying reward for your team efforts.
- Develop suitable installation methods and design bespoke equipment for major civil construction projects
- Translate contractor's requirements in a clear problem definition and design specifications
- Development of conceptual solutions by organizing brain-storm sessions, making hand sketches, proof of concept calculations and preliminary 3D visualizations
- Concept and detailed structural calculations
- Prepare and manage project planning and budget. Communicate the design progress and discuss the proposed solutions with the contractor via regular progress meetings.
Key professional skills:
- You are a fresh graduate in an engineering field, or you have several years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of fundamental structural and mechanical design approaches
- Confident user of modern 3D modelling software is a plus (AutoCAD, Inventor or similar)
- Passionate, technical talent
- Sense of responsibility, ready to make the difference in your team