||£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
Job Title: CNC Operator
Annual Salary: £22,000 to £25,000
Our client has over 40 years experience in the plastic industry, they provide custom designed packaging for a multitude of industries such as: consumer, medical/pharmaceutical, component and smooth sided fibre packaging to name a few.
They're looking for a motivated CNC Operator to join their team of professionals. They are using Heidenhain controllers for: HAAS, Bridgeport, Doosan and Okuma CNC machines, they also have a Dugard and YCM machine.
- Online programming on a Heidenhain controller with G/M codes
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Heidenhain controller with G/M code
- HAAS, Bridgeport, Doosan, Okuma, Dugard and YCM
- Plastic, Aluminium, Steel machining
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply within.