We are happy to be working with our client who develop and manufacture one off decorative lighting features and customised electrical products. They work with world leading interior and lighting design companies producing memorable centre pieces along with their core products.
They are now looking for a CAD Technician to join their design team to manage the design and development of their product ranges and the bespoke design projects. This will include producing concept drawings, engineering and product design, creating samples and prototypes, liaising with clients and manufacturers and seeing the project through to the end. This includes the generation of technical drawings for manufacture. You will also be required to solve engineering problems should they arise and comfortably manage your time and workload in a fast-paced design environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a creative working environment, in a role that offers an individual the chance to develop his or her own skills.
Person / Experience Required:
Proven experience of working with SolidWorks and the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as the ability to produce complex technical drawings for manufacture
- A minimum of 5+ years previous experience in a design and manufacturing role
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials
- Experience of working with lighting products will be a distinct advantage
- Able to communicate well to a wider team including manufacturers and clients
- The ability to project manage and problem solve
- Able to organise their own time to meet project deadlines
- A keen eye for quality and design with great attention to detail