AutoCAD 3D Draftsperson
||Furniture & POS
||£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Our client is a creative fabrication and installation company working mainly in the museums and heritage sector. The core of the business is currently in temporary and permanent museum exhibitions, but we also work as fabricators of fine art, shop fitters, scenery builders for theatre, and more.
They are currently looking for a full-time, experienced AutoCAD Draughtsperson to join our in-house team to work on a range of exciting projects we have coming up. As well as having extensive experience of working with AutoCAD 3D, the successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and crucially, an in-depth knowledge of building materials, tolerances and construction techniques.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Producing accurate models in AutoCAD 3D from which you will lay out clear and detailed technical drawings for manufacture by the workshop and subcontractors.
- Managing own workload within schedules set by the Head of Draughting to ensure all deadlines are met to maintain overall project schedules.
- Contribute to the overall project management of jobs by ensuring crucial information generated during the draughting process (i.e. bills of materials) is issued to the wider team.
- Regularly liaison with colleagues within the company, external sub-contractors, suppliers and clients if required.
- Communicating with colleagues in the Draughting Department on working methods and best practice to drive improvements in the department.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- An excellent knowledge of AutoCAD 3D. Experience with Rhino and Sketchup would also be advantageous. Photoshop and Illustrator are a bonus.
- Proven ability to work autonomously on complete project lifecycles whilst closely collaborating with colleagues.